Designed using quality components to deliver performance, ride quality and exceptional value
The Calibre C-80 is a three-wheel roller guide with spring suspension, adjustable stops in all directions, and three 80 mm diameter polyurethane roller wheels.
Combining ease of installation and hoistway adjustability, the C-80 is designed for rail sizes commonly found in Europe, and can accommodate rails from 5 mm (T45) to 16 mm (T127-2 / 15#). Note: Always check clearances before installing roller guides.
Designed for counterweights up to 3.0 m/s (600 fpm) and 1,800 kg (4,000 lbs) capacity, and elevator cars up to 1.5 m/s (300 fpm) and 1,100 kgs (2,500 lbs) in low- to mid-rise buildings.
Engineered and tested to meet EN 81 and ASME A17.1/CSA B44 standards, the Calibre C-80 is constructed from durable, precision machined, ductile iron castings and is assembled using quality parts to ensure the installed roller guide delivers a lifetime of reliable performance.
Us the counterweight or car table depending on the roller guide usage. Find the intersection of the car or counterweight’s speed and capacity to confirm the roller guide is recommended for the application.
Roller Guide Rail Compatibility
The C-80 is available in two factory set version for 8 – 10 mm rails and 16 mm rails. It can be adjusted in the field to run on 5 mm rails.
1. Face Arm Retention Bolt
- After the guide is accurately positioned and secured, remove the face arm retaining bolt and the correct roller wheel pre-load force will be applied to the rail
- Precise factory setup for 8 mm to 10 mm & 16 mm rail sizes reduces installation steps, which means there is no need for adjustment in the field
- This innovative feature simplifies the accurate installation of the guides saving time and money
2. Polyurethane Roller Wheels
- Precisely molded and finished tread profile provides a balanced and concentric roller
- 85A durometer tread dampens vibration and reduces noise
3. Precision Ball Bearings
- Dual bearing design provides the roller extra stability to ensure a true ride, with minimal noise and vibration
- Industrial grade, high quality ball bearings will last for millions of cycles
4. Fully Adjustable Stabilizing Springs
- Stabilizing springs are factory-set, but can be adjusted in the field, to minimize bumps and vibration
- Spring adjustments can be used to further reduce peak-to-peak lateral forces to measurably improve ride quality
5. Adjustable Stops
- Are factory-set to provide an optimal 3 mm (1/8”) of float to deal with troublesome hoistway issues
- Can be adjusted in the field, to minimize bumps and vibration if required
- Can be set to have no float for use in hydraulic elevator applications
6. Robust Casting and Design Features
- Precisely machined castings ensure the final assembly is of the highest quality
- Tested to meet applicable codes and standards ensuring the guides provide a lifetime of reliable performance