As of March 30, ELSCO’s home state of Maryland has issued stay-at-home order mandating that residents stay home for all non-essential business. However, ELSCO is deemed an essential business and we remain open. Like our many colleagues in the vertical transportation industry, we are needed to ensure continued accessibility to homes, workplaces, hospitals, public transit systems, and other essential building infrastructure, even in a time such as this (Click here for more on the US Federal Government’s guidance on the criticality of building infrastructure and related critical manufacturing). This update outlines our continued response to the global crisis.
- First and foremost, we are taking important precautions to protect our employees.
- We have moved all office personnel to remote work status. If you have been corresponding with our sales and/or customer service teams, this transition should have been invisible to you.
- Our factory layouts and work processes have been modified to promote social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines. Our factory and warehouse workers do not need to be in close contact to perform their jobs.
- Our cleaning procedures have been updated to sanitize common areas and shared work spaces at increased frequency. Our associates are also taking precautions to clean all workstations before and after beginning a task.
- Our factory continues to operate at full capacity. We are shipping as normal. We are also increasing finished goods inventory stocks to be prepared for any potential coronavirus-related work stoppage or supply chain interruption, as well as to be prepared for when all our customers are surging back to full work schedules.
- We are monitoring our supply chain vigorously to ensure we will have raw materials to continue working.
- We remain in a non-essential travel ban. We are not be making routine sales calls during this time. We will work to accommodate urgent on-site technical assistance where possible, but only after all remote troubleshooting options have been exhausted. Please contact us with any such needs.
ELSCO is fortunate to have a network of customers, employees, and suppliers who are displaying resilience through this crisis. We are grateful for our partnership with all of you. We hope that you, your colleagues, and your families and friends all remain healthy and safe.
With our warmth and determination to get through this together.